Saturday, February 25, 2012

Data Warehousing question

I asked some of this question in another group so pardon my cross posting.
Im rather bored right now and really curios about this.
Do most of the BI folks do the technical stuff on they're own, or do they
have the technical people do it for them? Is it common to have someone doing
the technical but not alot of business involvement? If I were to go from
being a DBA to a DW guy tomorrow, would I be thrown much more in the mix
with the business folks? I never thought about this but I would have to
imagine it to be the case.
TIA, ChrisRSorry...

> Do most of the BI folks do the technical stuff on they're own, or do they
> have the technical people do it for them? Is it common to have someone
> doing the technical but not alot of business involvement?
This was all in regards to Data Warehousing.
"ChrisR" <noemail@.bla.com> wrote in message
news:e3e5izQpFHA.3568@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I asked some of this question in another group so pardon my cross posting.
>Im rather bored right now and really curios about this.
>
> Do most of the BI folks do the technical stuff on they're own, or do they
> have the technical people do it for them? Is it common to have someone
> doing the technical but not alot of business involvement? If I were to go
> from being a DBA to a DW guy tomorrow, would I be thrown much more in the
> mix with the business folks? I never thought about this but I would have
> to imagine it to be the case.
> TIA, ChrisR
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment