Saturday, February 25, 2012

Data Warehouse backup/recover

Hello, everyone:
Does any body have the experience to execute data warehouse backup/recover? What I want to know is how to backup/recover database in data warehouse and cubes.
Thanks.
ZYTdo you refer to facts/cubes that may get out of sync?
you might want to do the backup when there's no loading of facts/dimensions or have the loading processes do the cubes prior the loading of facts. Also, in case some batches are not processed 100% have some automated processes that check this and are able to repair (delete/reload batches).|||Thanks for reply. The difficult I have to face is I cannot connect database of OLAP,such as FoodMark2000, and cubes from backup box in EM. Any suggestions?

ZYT|||Do you get an error message?|||No. I mean I cannot find cube and database of DW in SQL Server Backup box.|||ok, so either no backup is being done at all or a third party tool is installed that does the backup. I hope this tool is able to connect to the sql-server though, otherwise the backups may not be so usefull afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment