Friday, February 24, 2012

Data types question - Varbinary and timestamps

Greetings once again SSIS friends,

I have some source tables which contain timestamp fields (that's timestamp data type not datetime). My dimension table holds the maximum timestamp value as a varbinary(8).

I want my package to have a variable that holds that value but I don't know which data type to use for this. The reason for this is because I want to use that variable to then retrieve all records from my source table that have a timestamp value greater than the value stored in the variable.

Please advise on what data type is suitable.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greetings once again guys,

I found the following article which gives a workable solution to my problem, but I am still interested to find out the equivalent of timestamp data type in SSIS.

http://solidqualitylearning.com/blogs/erik/archive/2005/12/09/1499.aspx

|||

DT_BYTES

binary, varbinary, timestamp

binary, varbinary, timestamp

BigBinary, VarBinary

RAW

RAW

You will want to use DT_BYTES. See this article on MSDN.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141036.aspx

Does this answer your question?

No comments:

Post a Comment