Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DATABASE Becomes suspect

I have a SQL 7.0 Clustered Server with SP3. Sometimes a DB (16GB) becomes
suspect and the only way to get it back online is to reboot the server and
that gets it back to normal. This happens every week.
Any ideas?
Also can you tell me how to change the location where Microsoft Clustered
Server changes the Temporary file location. Currently on my server it is
c:\winnt which we want to change
Thanks
Rod
Hey Rod, great name!
I am of no help really, but I can tell you I run 18 SQL clusters with
several Databases way larger then 16GB and we never see this. We are running
SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003 with various hardware. If you can migrate to
a newer config, that may solve the problem.
Now, for one of the real SQL experts to help you, do you have any log events
or error messages or stats of what is going on when this occurs? Does it
happen on all the nodes? Anything else you can give will help.
Cheers,
Rod
MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering
http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
"Rod" <Rod@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:77254067-96EE-46D3-BA60-EB9BA92C0D75@.microsoft.com...
>I have a SQL 7.0 Clustered Server with SP3. Sometimes a DB (16GB) becomes
> suspect and the only way to get it back online is to reboot the server and
> that gets it back to normal. This happens every week.
> Any ideas?
> Also can you tell me how to change the location where Microsoft Clustered
> Server changes the Temporary file location. Currently on my server it is
> c:\winnt which we want to change
> Thanks
> Rod
|||Hey Rodney,
My name is Rodney too. I agree Great Name.
Well here are some details/comments about the below issue:
Two things I saw on the event log were
1). The C drive was out of space. we were constantly getting the following
error in the system log:
" The Microsoft Cluster could write file (c:\winnt\CLSF9D.TMP). The Disk may
be low in space or some serious other condition exists "
The Qurorm Drive is the Q Drive.
My question is why is Cluster Server trying to write temp files to the
c:\winnt\ folder.
Can we change this location and if so how?
Thanks for your help
Rod
"Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" wrote:

> Hey Rod, great name!
> I am of no help really, but I can tell you I run 18 SQL clusters with
> several Databases way larger then 16GB and we never see this. We are running
> SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003 with various hardware. If you can migrate to
> a newer config, that may solve the problem.
> Now, for one of the real SQL experts to help you, do you have any log events
> or error messages or stats of what is going on when this occurs? Does it
> happen on all the nodes? Anything else you can give will help.
> Cheers,
> Rod
> MVP - Windows Server - Clustering
> http://www.nw-america.com - Clustering
> http://www.msmvps.com/clustering - Blog
> "Rod" <Rod@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:77254067-96EE-46D3-BA60-EB9BA92C0D75@.microsoft.com...
>
>
|||Each node has its own cluster log and temp space. Why was your C drive
running out of space? Have you fixed that yet?
I am not sure how to change the WINNT temp folder that clustering writes to.
Rod
"Rod" <Rod@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:84068A17-BE1E-44CB-BD06-597F33A5BE91@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hey Rodney,
> My name is Rodney too. I agree Great Name.
> Well here are some details/comments about the below issue:
> Two things I saw on the event log were
> 1). The C drive was out of space. we were constantly getting the following
> error in the system log:
> " The Microsoft Cluster could write file (c:\winnt\CLSF9D.TMP). The Disk
> may
> be low in space or some serious other condition exists "
> The Qurorm Drive is the Q Drive.
> My question is why is Cluster Server trying to write temp files to the
> c:\winnt\ folder.
> Can we change this location and if so how?
> Thanks for your help
> Rod
> "Rodney R. Fournier [MVP]" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment